Tuesday, March 9, 2010

By Whatever Means Necessary

The Boy has been getting out of bed immediately following Lights Out lately. He strolls down for hugs, cups of water, smooches. To declare his love, "check on" me, extol my virtues as a mother, rhapsodize about my beauty. A million other excuses, all meant to delay the dreaded sleep for as long as possible.

Tonight, I had it. ENOUGH. Somehow, he has decided that I'm a pushover so he keeps pushing. And pushing. And pushing.

I am so not a pushover.

Last time he came down, I threatened him.

With meatloaf.

One more unauthorized visit and he'd have to eat some right then and there.

Crazy, right? I mean, meatloaf? I have no idea where I got that one.

But you know what?

It WORKED.

There is nothing remotely related to meatloaf in the house right now.

Whatevs. I bluffed. He folded.

Maybe Daddy isn't the only high roller in the house after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is hysterical. How did you keep a straight face??