The Madam bounded out of bed this morning, scarfed down breakfast, got dressed in a frenzy and was standing by the door with her shoes on by 8:15 this morning.
Why?
It's the first day of preschool.I know, I know, you are shocked. You are thinking back to 2 years ago when she hated it so much that I ended up pulling her out of school rather than inflict permanent mental damage. You are recalling the 2 long months it took for her to stop crying every morning last year.
What changed?
I have no idea. But I like it. I'm not going to question it.

Note to self: Sometimes change IS good.
It was so great that I didn't even get annoyed that she vetoed all of the adorable outfits she has and chose her too-short Phillies dress. When I asked why that particular dress, she demonstrated how the skirt flies if you spin in it. I figured if that's what it takes to make her happy, we'll go with it. So it's too short, whatever. That's what leggings are for, right?

Tom and I planned that he would take her to school this morning. She is always less weepy for him and we weren't sure how she'd act if she saw Bonnie and I walking away, potentially heading off for a morning of Oreos and pony rides or whatever fun things she thinks I do when I'm not with her.
Daddy said our big girl dropped her bag in her cubby, picked out a happy face to put under her name on the mood chart and off she went.
So simple, so easy. I gotta say, I'm in shock. Happy, happy shock. So this is what it's like to have an easy-going daughter.
I'ma lookin' and I'ma likin'.
3 comments:
Love it !!! and I love the dress !
I spoke waaaaaay too soon. This morning was as bad as any day last September. Worse, actually, b/c this year Bon was along for the ride. The difference? I took her rather than Tom. :-(
YAY! Oh wait, I just saw your comment. Dang. Well, I hope it goes better the next day.
P.S. Alexa has the exact same backpack for school.
Post a Comment