3 weeks in the books and he's already this jaded? WTF is that all about?
Me, trying to be compassionate while hiding my glee that he and his complaints will be out the door in less than 30 minutes: "I know, buddy, but you are going to have a good day. It's sunny so you'll definitely go to the playground for recess."
J: "Yeah, well, that's not enough. I wish I could be like you and Bonnie and Flo [the cat]."
C: "Really? Why?"
J: "Because then I could relax all the time like you guys do. I could just be home relaxing."
Dude, if this is your idea of relaxing, I hope I never experience your idea of hard work because I would probably die.
I know, I know, he's only a little boy. He has no concept of the inner workings of a household and all that both Mom and Dad do to keep the family happy and healthy. But still...relaxing all day? Is he in such a video game fugue state that he doesn't see ANYTHING I do during the day?
And seriously, he puts me on par with THE CAT? The creature who sleeps 20 hours a day and stretches for the other 4? Seriously???
C, smiling through gritted teeth: "Well, buddy, I wish we could switch places. Then I could go to kindergarten and get to have all the fun that you do and you could stay here and cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the baby, iron school clothes and all of the other fun stuff I do all day. Every day. Because Moms don't get weekends off, you know."
J, looking unconvinced: "Yeah, well...can I have some more juice please?"
Awesome. Thanks for recognizing my contributions to the world, little man.
Perhaps I should try relaxing all day. Let's see how he'd like that. Get your own juice, friend. And don't forget to wipe up when you spill it everywhere.
Relaxing all day indeed.
1 comment:
I can see the beginnings of a husband somewhere in The Boy...
Post a Comment