Last week, I found the most perfect Halloween costume for Queen B. We're talking about the most perfect Halloween costume in the whole history of Halloween costumes.
Seriously, I almost tinkled on the floor of Gymboree when I saw it.
Queen B? As a Bee? The Cutest Bee EVER? Yes please!
Price tag? Well...come on. You can't put a price on adorable. Can you?
Fine, maybe YOU can, party pooper. I can't. Or won't. Whatever.
Everyone was excited. The kids HAD to see their baby in her costume. They couldn't have cared less that she was teething and suffering the aftereffects of a plethora of vaccines.
They were thrilled with the end result while the Queen Herself, not so much.

After we admired our Bonnie Bee, The Madam wanted to know where her costume was. So, you know, they could MATCH.
Ummm...
It's not like I didn't want to get one for her. I mean, I love matching as much as the next person. Actually, I love it way more than any normal person, more than clearance sales at Baby Gap, oreos and foot rubs.
Okay, maybe not more than clearance sales at Baby Gap.
Anyway.
I had asked the saleswoman at Gymboree and the costume didn't go any higher than 3T. Balls. I figure it wouldn't be an issue since Nat was so psyched to wear the Cinderella costume she got for her birthday.
Silly, silly me.
There were tears, many tears, (some hers, some mine) that the costume was not available for the big girl. We both got over it.
AND THEN...
I was browsing in Gymboree last night when what to my wondering eyes did appear?
Bee costume.
4T-5T.
Fuck yeah.
I'm hyperventilating again just remembering how excited I was.
Costume -- Check.
Tights -- Check.
Inexplicably small headband with antennae that doesn't fit Bonnie let alone Natalie (whatever we'll work with it) -- Check.

Oh it is so on. Now all we need is Halloween to get here so that I can take my girls out and show them off to the world.
Based on the sizes I bought, I may even be able to squeeze my honeybees into the costumes again next year which is, like, amortizing the cost over 2 seasons or something, right?
The irony is that I am deathly afraid of bees and have been know to run screaming like a little bitch from suspected bees which actually turned out to be houseflies.
Buzzz...
1 comment:
Totally, freaking, completely ADORABLE!
Post a Comment