Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Please don't whip your sister!"

Yeah, there's something I never thought I'd say and yet say it I do, at least 20x's a day. The Boy is obsessed, OBSESSED, with Indiana Jones. He has never seen the movies, only the commercials and advertisements on everything from cereal to Burger King meals but that is enough for Mr. Jack to decide that Indiana Jones is the coolest dude EVER. Cooler than Coach Kevin. Cooler than Inspector Gadget. Yep, I'm gonna say it, cooler even than Daddy. (Anyone who says marketing to children doesn't work needs to meet my son.) I downloaded the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme from iTunes and it plays on repeat throughout the day. Good times.  

He wears a too-small fisherman hat to mimic Indy's fedora and he fashioned a whip out of tinker toys and a shoe lace. Natalie rues the day that he ever heard of Indiana Jones, poor girl, since he usually makes her act as "the natives" that he is convinced Indy battles. She screams, "No, I'm not a native! I'm VELMA!!!" since she is all about Scooby Doo. Oh yeah, hot fun in the summertime up in here.

No comments: