Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Gratitude Is Overwhelming

Keep in mind I gave up my career, my figure and most of my sanity for this child:

Jack, heaving a tremendous sigh of despair:  "I wish I was a grown-up right now.  Then I could watch 'Indiana Jones...'.  I could watch it whenever I wanted."  

Me, thoughtful:  "Actually, that's not true, buddy.  If you were a grown-up, you would have to get a job and go to work, do chores, take care of lots of stuff.  You'd have less free time than you do now so you really wouldn't be able to watch it whenever you want."

Jack, exasperated:  "NOOOOO!!!  Not THAT kind of grown-up.  One of those Mommy kind of grown-ups."  *stomps off, shaking his head in wonderment at how dense his mother can be*

Now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor, all I have to say is "Thanks for recognizing my hard work and past sacrifices, dude."  In the eyes of my first born, I'm living the life of the slackers from "Knocked Up".  Awesome.

Guess I'll cancel our fun plans for tomorrow, rent some chick flicks and spend the day on the couch since that is apparently all that Mommy kind of grown-ups are expected to do.  Score!

No comments: