I politely declined. The side effects scare me. Death, for example. Yeah, no. Better that I'm a fat, embarrassing, alive mom than a dead one, right? Hopefully my kids will agree when they no longer think my padding is so soft and snuggletastic. Tom can be the face of the family at school functions to spare them the humiliation of their friends seeing them with me.
Diet pills.
6 comments:
Oh no she didn't!! Must be related to my FIL, he has no SHAME in telling his daughter she needs to lose weight. I told John, if he even hinted at what I weigh, he'd lose a very important body part.
Oh Christy, I'm so sorry. I hate when people feel the need to comment on other people's weight.
Thanks, guys. She truly wants to "help" but the thing is, I don't want help, especially the pharmaceutical kind. Actually, I do want help -- I'd love to be able to get out and exercise, prepare 3 square meals a day that I sit at the table and eat, get enough sleep, all the things that go into maintaining a healthy weight. All of the things I used to do/have when I was thin. My pregnancy with Jack pretty much ravaged my body and I haven't had the time or energy to work on that and this summer, with 3 kids at my side 24/7, I'm especially short on time and energy to devote to myself.
She meant well. That's what I keep reminding myself. I guess that counts for something.
You're beautiful. Your husband thinks you're beautiful. Your children think you're beautiful. Your friends think you're beautiful. We all love your mom, but it sounds like she is the one with the problem. That's where all our body-image issues come from, after all -- our mothers, and it starts when we are little and witness their first diets. SO be proud of who you are, remind yourself that your amazing body produced those three amazing little humans, and don't pass on the bad-body stuff to your own daughters. (This is what I've taken away from all my own failed Weight Watchers attempts, btw.)
I'll comment in a less public forum... ;-)
Just catching up with my Blog reading. first off.. *hugs* No one needs to hear things like that from family. I can totally relate. I was at a decent weight after having Alexa. Yeah I needed to lose some more but not that bad. well fast forward to November and I quit smoking. who'd have thought I'd have gained so much in a matter of 8 months. yikes.. Jim says I am too hard on myself but I don't Feel like myself. I figure I'm healthier because I'm not smoking but damn if I wasn't a bit thinner while I did.. so much so that I'm tempted to start up again.
You and I can commiserate together because I simply don't have TIME to exercise and form a special eating plan etc. ugh... vicious circle
Post a Comment