J: Mom, this cast really stinks.
C: I know, bud.
J: How do you know? You never had one.
C: *sigh* True but I know because you keep telling me. I'm a good listener.
J: Oh. Right.
I'm starting to wish the cast was on his mouth. God forgive me.
J: Mom, even my invisible friends are bored.
I understand, pal, truly I do. Sadly, my invisible margaritas aren't taking the edge off for me so I feel your pain. Now go play Cootie with your sister. Again.
Maybe this is all part of the universe's master plan to make me happy to see him get on the bus to kindergarten in a few short weeks. If so, it's working. Again, God forgive me.
Is it August 10th yet? I'm going to kiss that saw when the cast comes off! This is the last summer that my first baby is still a little kid and I want to get out and enjoy every last moment.
2 comments:
Want to borrow our wagon? You can haul him around...but wait, who would push Bon? OK, new plan: Nattie can pull the wagon, you push Bon in the stroller.
Or, wrap that leg in plastic, sit him on the back deck, and turn the hose on him. Pretend it's a water park.
Or, better plan, I'll be over with non-invisible margaritas in a minute.
Can you Saran-wrap his leg+cast so that you can truly get him soaking wet with the garden hose? O:-)
Post a Comment