Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Four Candles...

on The Madam's cake today. I have never laughed so hard, counted to 10 (and beyond) so often or felt so needed as I have in my sweet and sassy girl's short life. What a year this last one has been -- she shocked the hell out of me by loving school (after a brief but tumultuous adjustment period) and made me oh-so-proud when she welcomed her new sister and relinquished her place as my baby without an ounce of jealousy or resentfulness. It is amazing how Natalicious has transformed from a clingy, intense toddler to a social, reasonable preschooler in one brief year. I couldn't be prouder of her and I thank all things good and holy for the priceless gift of my precious first daughter.

Happy birthday, my sweet girl. Thank you for loving me so fiercely and teaching me how to look at life from a whole new angle.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Nattie!! What a beautiful young girl you've got there.

And thanks for the walk down memory lane with the pics...I loved seeing them again and seeing how much she's changed!

Bethann said...

Oh so sweet !! Happy 4th Birthday Natalie !!!

Maria said...

Happy birthday! Such beautiful pictures. I will say, the one of her pointing at the camera, giving it (you?) the evil eye glare, made me LOL.

Karen the Californian said...

Seng-il chook-ha han-da, Natalie!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Nattie Girl!