My kids were born with a lens in their faces. Well, not literally but only because my c-sections required arm-numbing spinal anesthesia and prohibited recording devices until after the baby was safely removed from the womb. Otherwise, you know I would have been snapping shots left and right. Instead, poor hapless Tom got stuck working the camera while I lay on the operating table, barking orders at him and getting stitched closed.
As a result of having their every moment, big and small, recorded since their arrivals, my crew is used to the camera and know what to do when I ask them to smile and say "Cheese!" (which I actually never do since that results in freakish fake smiles that look more like grimaces.) I prefer candids so I usually wait until they are involved in what they are doing before I whip out my camera and start clicking away.
That was the plan yesterday while we played in our front yard. I snapped a few keepers of them running, jumping and doing what they love to do outside the confines of our house. That is, until Bonnie spied me with Rebel in hand.
The Bon saw the camera...

smiled...

dropped to one knee...


2 comments:
Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down - best to bring your A game, Biggies!
I am literally laughing out loud at work! Classic!
I think your little Bon Bon is going to be quite a character!
Post a Comment