I expect that at some point, the girls will start bickering over clothes. It's common with sisters, I hear, and sharing a room won't help matters any. But already? Oy.
Bonnie's dresses still hang in Jack's closet. His room was originally her nursery and his closet is double the size of the girls' closet so size and laziness are the reasons her stuff remains in his room.
Yesterday, while Bonnie was napping, I grabbed a sundress for her to wear when she woke up. I hung it on the hall closet's doorknob and jumped in the shower while she was asleep. Imagine my surprise when I came downstairs and found the dress in use.
It seems that if something was once The Madam's, it will always be The Madam's. Even if it's 3 sizes too small.

Natalie found the whole thing hilarious. (Until we battled over removing it later.)


We were going out to lunch and shoe shopping so I couldn't let her wear a dress so ridiculously short. She's not Britney Spears. I tried to compromise and said she could wear it as a shirt with some shorts but no, that wasn't good enough. It's a dress and The Madam wouldn't wear it in any other way.

She saw no problem with how short it was...

since nobody would see her underpants anyway. "Look, Mom! Even the underpants cover fits me still!" Apparently "fit" is a very subjective term.
We were going out to lunch and shoe shopping so I couldn't let her wear a dress so ridiculously short. She's not Britney Spears. I tried to compromise and said she could wear it as a shirt with some shorts but no, that wasn't good enough. It's a dress and The Madam wouldn't wear it in any other way. She was adamant. So was I. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. She may not be bound by the laws of Delaware and decorum when it comes to fighting fair like I, as an adult, am but I'm bigger and stronger so she lost the battle. I couldn't believe how hard I had to work, though; that kid is a scrapper.
After many tears and a sweat-inducing wrestling match, I had her out of the dress and restored it to its rightful owner, wrinkled and stretched out though it was.
This was the first time Natalie begrudged handing-down something to Bonnie. I'm positive it won't be the last.
I expected Bonnie to resent having Natalie's old stuff; not the other way around. You just never know with kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment