Saturday, July 17, 2010

One of the Hardest Things I've Ever Done

Flo and I are going back to the animal hospital in a few minutes. After talking it over with animal-loving friends and doing some research, it seems that the kindest thing I can do is let Flo go.

Tom took the kids to McDonald's for me. They are on cloud 9, oblivious to what is going down today. I don't think they will notice Flo's absence. She slept most of the day to avoid their shenanigans and spent her evenings with me.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Tom wanted to take her and the cowardly part of me wanted to let him. She was my cat, though, not his, and I need to see this through. It's the least I can do for her after all of the unconditional love and understanding she has given me over 11 crazy years together.

I am dreading what is to come. I can't think about leaving without her but if I could drive home from my miscarriage, I guess I can handle this trip.

I think.

Goodbye, old friend.

3 comments:

Gween said...

words seem stupid coming out of my mouth...so i'll just say that I'm thinking of you.

Bethann said...

I'm Sorry :(

Sharon said...

I'm very sorry.