Monday, December 28, 2009

Little Girl Blue

N: Mommy, is Bonnie a boy?

C, aghast: NO! She's a GIRL. Why do you ask?

N: Well, she looks like a boy. She has boy hair. Are you sure she's going to stay a girl?

C: Yes, she's going to stay a girl. Babies all start out with short hair. Hers will grow just like yours did.

N, unconvinced: Well...she really better get working on it. Her hair is for boys only.


*sigh* I wondered if anyone would mistake my baby girl for a boy when I put her in a blue romper this morning. Little did I know it would be one of Bonnie's nearest and dearest!

1 comment:

Karen the Californian said...

That's great!

We got a lot of gender-neutral clothes when Eliz was born and the poor thing also had very sparse hair, so it shouldn't have surprised me when the waiter at IHOP looked at her and said "Hey there, little buddy!"