Monday, December 21, 2009

Five in the Air, Let's Do It Together...

My kids love Hi-5. LOVE IT. They love Hi-5 like Tom loves March Madness, like I love my camera. You want some peace and quiet? Put Hi-5 on. The Jedi fights, the whining to be picked up, the begging for snacks, all will cease as the opening credits roll.

Rocking good times.

Jack discovered Hi-5 on the Discovery Kids channel a few years ago. Toddler Madam was quickly on board, shaking her diapered booty like it was her job. We have the DVDs for when we go to the shore, the CD for the car, the Christmas music for the holidays.

Hi-5 overload? Yes but it's worth it for how simultaneously excited and calm it makes them. It's not fresh, overly mature or borderline trashy like some of the junk billed as "children's programming" so I am totally supportive of them riding the Hi-5 train.

Recently, the Hi-5 gang gained a new fan.


Yes, that is my not-yet-one-year-old raptly watching Hi-5. What you can't see in the still photo is that she was bouncing up and down in time with the music while Big Sister acted out the song along with the Hi-5ers.

I know, I know, the experts says that babies under 2 should not watch any television. They also think I should sleep with Bon attached to my bed, breastfeed her until she's like 12 or something, sterilize her toys the minute they hit the floor and never raise my voice in her presence. Yeah, riiiiiiight. *sigh* What's one more rule broken?

Hi-5 makes us happy. A half hour of it won't kill her. I also doubt that it will make her end up stupid, ADD-rattled, or a stripper. My other two have turned out fine so I'm not too worried.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

We enjoy our morning "Hi5"--chased by your *favorite*, "Hip Hop Harry. ;)

Christy said...

OMG, Sharon, nooooo, hahahaha! Not the ghetto Barney! My Gram rapping "Pimpin Ain't Easy" couldn't make hip-hop less cool than Harry does.