I don't care.
I hate most of my presents.
There I said it. I know that's not PC. Whatever. It's true.
I. Hate. Them.
I'd rather have nothing than 3 pairs of pajamas.
I don't even wear pajamas. (I wear nightgowns, pervs.)
Everyone was expressly told not -- NOT -- to buy me clothes. My husband heard me. He obeyed, bless his heart.
What did everyone else buy for me? Come on, you're smart, you can get this one.
That's right. Clothes.
The aforementioned 3 pairs of pajamas.
A velour "jogging" suit that makes me look like Tony Soprano's brother-in-law before he did Jenny Craig or Slimfast or whatever. I don't jog, btw. I probably wouldn't even get above a trot if Michael Myers was hot on my heels.
A velour jacket.
I know, right? What's with all the velour?
I have gift receipts for most of it which is better than none but you know what it gets me? Store credit to 4 -- FOUR -- different stores. That does not get me the Bose iPod dock that I really want but wouldn't ask for since it's so expensive.
The money for these crap clothes would almost get it for me though. If I actually had the money rather than store credit -- which I will misplace -- to 4 different stores.
If I don't misplace it, I will end up spending the credits on birthday presents for the people who bought the clothes for me. Awesome. For them.
Don't even get me started on what a pain in the ass it will be to wait in line at 4 different customer service counters in 4 different stores with at least 1 of my children whining by my side.
Did I mention that I told everyone I'd rather have no presents at all than be given clothes?
Yeah, I think I did. I was listening to me even if the gift givers weren't.
Seriously, next year, if I see clothing boxes, I'm not even opening them. Let them take the stuff back themselves because I don't need any extra chores.
*sigh*
Is it really a gift if it's something you don't want (but the giver thinks you need) or is it just a burden?
No comments:
Post a Comment