Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm with Miss Muffet

Today, I took the kids shopping for crocs (at the "outlaw" mall as Jack calls the outlets.) From there, we headed to Berks County, PA to visit my friend from HS then stopped at my ILs on the way home. It was a busy and enjoyable day.

I start tomorrow by taking all 3 to the dentist. It will most likely be more stressful and expensive than buying a house. Bonnie is not a fan of "having her teeth counted", rating 6 out of 10 on the freak-out chart and Natalie isn't much better.

I tell you this to illustrate why I should really be in bed. But I'm not.

Why? Because I just looked at pictures of spiders online, trying to find out what kind of spider was hanging around my front door this morning. By the time I grabbed an approrpriate weapon (I was NOT trying to squish it against the wall in open-toed shoes) it was gone.

As a result of my fruitless search for exactly what kind of spider it was -- huge and plain black netted no results -- I'm having a severe Arachnophobia flare-up. I may have to go all G.I. Jane and shave my head because having my hair on my neck feels very spidery right now. Not good.

I'm also remembering that my mother once said that one is never more than 6 inches away from a spider at any given moment. Whether that is true or not, why would a person say that to someone else? That's just messed up.

Although I always teased my college roommate for fearing spiders, I actually hate them at least as much as she does. Probably more because she's normal and I'm borderline insane when it comes to my fears. Hence the strong desire to shave my head and sleep in a bleach-scrubbed rubbermaid tote tonight. Lid on. Naturally.

What are the chances Tom and the kids will wake up if I rip the dust ruffles from between the mattress and box spring on the beds and pull all the beds several inches from the wall? FYI, that's the best way to prevent spiders from getting into bed with you. You're welcome.

No comments: