Sunday, May 2, 2010

Movie and Popcorn After All

So, Jack's big reward drama...

Mrs. O came in the next day and let them vote for a movie after all. Jack was kind of wishing that she'd held strong once he found out that "Beauty and the Beast" was a winner. He was so disgusted that some of the guys voted for it. Hilarious, considering he spent a month pretending to be Violet, the sister in The Incredibles.

All's well that ends well, though. I'm so glad that his teacher reconsidered her hasty (but understandable, considering some of the animals she has to tame each day,) decision to punish the whole class rather than just the students who were misbehaving.

I guess this was a Teachable Moment and I could have talked to The Boy about how adults can lose their tempers just like kids, how it's important to be fair and keep your word, blah blah blah. I didn't. He was sad about the girly movie, happy about the snack. He is smart enough to know what she did, both wrong and right. No need to beat a dead horse (even if it is a particular talent of mine.)

No comments: