Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Little Flower

Natalie is going to be a flower girl in Tom's sister's wedding this May.  She couldn't be more excited about it.

Today we went to the bridal salon so that she could try on the dress her aunt chose for her.

Here she is seeing herself in the dress for the first time.  
"Mom, I'm like a grown-up princess!"

There were mirrors everywhere 
and she posed in front of every single one.

Once she over came her awe, she whirled...

and twirled...

and swirled...

and at one point, she actually took flight.

It was a very sweet moment for me,
seeing my precious girl look so big and yet so little.

Someday, I hope, we'll be back at a bridal salon
while she tries on her own wedding gown.

I hope she'll still be so thrilled with herself.

I know she'll still be fancy,
from her head down to her pretty little toes.

1 comment:

Bethann said...

I just love this post.. it's just so light and happy and just so.. well. you know. :) **sigh**