Lately, I've been thinking about getting a part-time job because, regardless of how much I feel my family has benefited from me being home all day, the fact remains that it's a huge financial sacrifice, not to mention the weight it puts on Tommy Boy's broad shoulders as the sole earner. Kids are fricking expensive. With Bonnie in preschool now, our budget is streeeeeeched to its limit.
So, I've been thinking about getting a job even though Tom doesn't love the idea. Is it because he's very traditional? It wasn't part of our deal? He thinks I'll be an exhausted cranky pants? Could be any or all of the above.
The job would have to be nights or weekends. Things aren't so tough that I'd be willing to put Bonnie in daycare. No judgement on daycare, it just isn't what I want to do and thankfully, we don't have to do it. That limits my options though. I really don't want to work retail because I am not a fan of people and after bringing in the kind of money I used to make, minimum wage hardly seems worth the difficulties a retail job would create for our family dynamic.
A night job that brings in good money...Sounds like a pipe dream. But I heard Flashdance (What a Feeling!) twice while tearing around town in the MomMobile this morning. Is the universe trying to tell me something?
Yeah, I didn't really think so either. I'd have better luck selling a kidney. Hmmm, now there's an idea...
No comments:
Post a Comment