Surprising. Flattering.
But the answer is complicated.
I felt like maybe I was sharing too much in an open forum with no idea who was reading my dark thoughts.
I realized I was censoring myself because I didn't know who was reading my words and what if so-and-so saw that I don't like XYZ and got offended?
This was supposed to be my sounding board, the depot for my crazy, not yet another place I had to slap on a smile and pretend that I agree with...whatever it may be.
I do that often enough on Facebook where the only thing I slam is dog shit leaving neighbors. And Delaware.
But, seriously, who cares about Delaware? Blech.
Other things that spark my ire, I don't address. I log off. Or simply hide the offending poster. But I can't talk about the offending topic here because that person might read my blog and no matter how much I hate what they are saying/doing, I hate hurting people's feelings more.
So...
That's why I've been MIA. For whatever it's worth.
2 comments:
awwww man. I love reading your thoughts and stuff.
I know we don't always agree but for me, that's the fun part! I can respect you for your opinion because I know you are an educated person.
I'd hate to think of you censoring yourself for anyone.
I was wondering the same thing, but just didn't ask. I miss your funny stories about the kids for what it is worth.
Post a Comment