Bonnie, do you want some yogurt?
YAY!!!
Honey, do you want to get your shoes and go to the playground?
YAY!!!
Can you clean up your blocks, buddy?
YAY!!!
It's probably a product of her speech delay. Maybe it is harder for her brain and mouth to work together to form YES! than it is for her to say YAY!
But that doesn't account for her inflection. Her answer may actually be a garbled version of YES but she truly means it in a YAY! way.
And I don't know about you, but I find it way harder to say YAY! than YES. Or maybe I just find it harder to mean YAY! about so much in life. Bonnie's YES is really YAY! on every level. My YES is often IF I REALLY HAVE TO or OKAY BUT ONLY BECAUSE I HATE CONFLICT.
That is what is so amazing about children and their capacity to enjoy life. I hope my Bonnie Girl always approaches the world with a YAY! in her heart even when she eventually learns to say YES.
No comments:
Post a Comment